Intergenerational work and results in the Tandem Everyday culture
Intergenerational contacts within Comenius University (our own university):
- Presentation of project
- Obtain opinions of the young students on the need for
the transfer of traditions and everyday culture
- Discussion on the means of transmission of traditions
- Presentation of the book with is the collection of the
stories of elderly students from the subject of ethnology
- Processing the views of young students of the subject
Slovak language and literature
Results of intergenerational contacts and interviews brought the following useful tips and ideas presented by young students as:
- It is necessary to pass the traditions and views of older people because they have a wealth of experience that can be very helpful and useful for young people
- Book of the stories collected by seniors is inspiring the young generation. It's something different, but still interesting than listening to their comments and advice
- I think that the book is very valuable. Young people should know the customs and culture from the past
- Memories of the grandmothers should be a part of the book works and fiction
- It's a great idea in this way (a book issued by the experiences and traditions from the life of seniors) disseminating the knowledge, skills and experience
- It is a great way. Gathering experience and knowledge of elderly should be a part of keeping the history and transmission of information to younger generations. It can encourage young people to make the interested in our history and folklore. I feel it sometimes as conscious suppress if we compare to the ways in Asia, which tend to organize the cultural festivals at the secondary schools and students are not ashamed to dress in traditional clothing.
- The view of older people on their life, which is described in the book of stories can certainly enrich our lives.
- The book is definitely a good form for the transmission of traditions, but the personal participation of the festivals celebrating the annual holiday are for young people more memorable.
Important contribution to this work can have the village and city festivals and different activities, as well as the traditions in a particular season. It should be offered more often.
- It is necessary to keep children from childhood to the interest of the tradition.
The base is in the family
Bratislava 15. April 2010